Machine Tool Technology
Class Limit: 15 students per section
The mission of the Machine Tool Technology program is to introduce students to the field of manufacturing technology. This program prepares students to shape parts on machines such as lathes, grinders, drill presses and mills. Students will receive training that can lead to employment as machinists, tool and die makers, CNC operators, machine operators, production planners and production control schedulers
Machine Tools I (First Year)
Machine Tools II (Second Year)
All programs in the technical center have three class periods available for enrollment. In the event there are more applicants for a section than seats available, students will be asked to choose an alternate period. If the section(s) are still over enrollment capacity, the following additional criteria will be used to determine acceptance into the program:
Machine Tool I (First Year)
1. Minimum sixth grade reading level;
2. Minimum sixth grade math level;
3. Minimum GPA of 2.0
4. Successful completion (C or above) of one or more credits in an approved computer course;
5. Ability to lift objects up to 50 pounds.
Machine Tool II (Second Year)
1. Successful completion (C or above) of Machine Tool I;
2. Student interview.