Career Based Internship
Class Limit: 50 students (total)
The Internship program is designed to provide students with experience in a business setting related to their career choice. Students will spend between 10 and 15 hours per week in an internship location.
The program is intended for students who expect to begin their careers immediately upon graduation.
The Internship program will assist students in developing interviewing skills, completing a job application, developing a résumé, performing an employment search and developing various interpersonal skills.
The following will be used to determine acceptance into the program:
1. have an identified career major on file;
2. have completed Workplace Readiness;
3. have completed three credits in a career focus major; or be concurrently enrolled in the third credit of the career focus major;
4. have an acceptable attendance record;
5. have a GPA of 2.0;
6. be members of a student organization that reflects their career goal;
7. be recommended by two (2) teachers and a counselor.